Box of Doom
|2012 TBR Challenge|
In sum, we are to choose 12 books we've had on our TBR Mountain more than a year, plus two alternatives, and read these twelve throughout 2012. We are to post reviews of them too. My shelves are too full to dedicate one shelf to these fourteen, so I pulled out the books and put them in a box next to my La-Z-Boy. So when I feel like watching mindless t.v., I can look down into my Box of Doom.
The 12 books, in no specific order, are:
- Speaking My Mind by Tony Campolo Former pastor and his wife love this book. They couldn't always speak their mind publicly because of his position.
- Level 26 by Anthony E. Zuiker Supposed to be a gruesome thriller
- Complications by Atwul Gawande medical memoir
- Await Your Reply by Dan Chaon lives of three strangers intersect
- Babi Yar by A. Anatoli (Kuznetsov) Visited Kiev in July and Yad Vashem in Israel in January and October. Each time, I told myself, "Gotta get home to read Babi Yar!" (Goodness, I just noticed on Amazon that a used paperback is over $16!)
- Breakthrough-Return of Hope to the Middle East by Tom Doyle Got this long before I knew I'd be visiting the Middle East twice in 2011.
- The Six-Liter Club by Harry Krauss a medical novel
- The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen I have all her books, yet haven't read one. No wonder my TBR shelves are overflowing.
- The Girl in the Flammable Skirt by Aimee Bender
- Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok
- Hateship, Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage by Alice Munro short stories
- 18 Seconds by George D. Shaman a blind psychic looks for a serial killer
Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison, a man with Asperger's
The Periodic Table by Primo Levi